Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I have a fever, and the only perscription is to eat more books.

5 Books I long to consume:

1. Hamlet by William Shakespeare - This is my most favourite play/book. I will argue to the death that it is the greatest piece of literature on the face of this planet. If eating this book means I'll be as suave and as ingenious as Hamlet, then I'll have seconds. I wish to eat this play and every adaptation of it because it provides the necessary nutrients for revenge, and nothing tastes sweeter then revenge.
2. Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs - I would eat this book for lunch... while I am naked. I am quite certain that if I ate this book that would be the scenario I would be in. This novel has so much to do with hallucinogens and other types of drugs that if I ate it I would be sent on a trip. I guess the reason why I would eat it is to possibly understand the novel. Finally.
3. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Suess - Nuff Said.
4. Paradise Lost by John Milton - Nothing could taste better than Satan. A romanticized fallen angel who could skin a baby by looking at it. I would eat this poem just to possess the powers Satan has. You cannot sit there and tell me that transforming into a snake isn't the coolest thing since sliced bread. Well, considering Satan dates back before bread was invented, I suppose turning into a snake was the coolest thing until sliced bread was invented.
5. Thus Spoke Zarathustra - Friedrich Nietzche - I would really, REALLY love to eat this book. This was the hardest book I have ever read. It took me months to read because it is incredibly "wordy" and intelligent. Let's just say once I read the last page, my brain was so confused and in pain that I became borderline retarded. I want to eat this book because it is an achievement of mine and it deserves to be apart of my body.

Those are the 5 books I long to consume. Well it seems like I have alot of eating in front of me. Im going to go get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment