Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Greatest stories the Universe has to offer.

Dagon - Originally it was a short story written by H.P Lovecraft. It is about a morphine addict who attempts to escape the world. However, the movie adaptation developed a well thought out and quite interesting story. It begins with a man and his wife on a boat cruise with another couple. Quickly the boat trip turns ugly as a storm crashes them into the rocks. In panic the protagonist travels to a nearby island where nobody can be found. After a series of events, he realizes that the town is inhabited by fish people who worship a god by the name of Dagon. The film adaptations story is something unforgettable. Although it is classified as a B-Rated film, it happens to be my most favourite movie.



Stir Of Echoes - In a symbolic sense, this is my favourite story. Kevin Bacon stars in a movie so filled with symbolism that it breaks your legs. Not much can be said about this movie except for; watch it. Every little thing in the movie has to deal with symbolism, including feathers from a pillow. It is about a man who challenges his sister in-law to hypnotize him. Accepting the challenge, she hypnotizes him and tells him to be more open-minded. This creates results that were never expected. Our star, Kevin Bacon, begins to see images of a murder and goes on a detective rampage to solve her rape/murder.



Cat in the Hat - This is my favourite moral story. Moral: do not let stupid cats into your house, because they will decimate your living quarters. Every since I have read this book, I have yet to let a stray cat into my house. It's not very fair when you have parents slave over the house to keep it clean and then to let some random cat into your house and completely obliterate it within seconds. Then what does he try and do? He tries to clean it. When all he had to do was just stay the hell outside.



Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Arguably the greatest story on earth. Literally it is the best storyline of all time. "I am your father" is the most quoted line in history. There is no symbolism or a moral to the story, it is just straight up literal goodness. With Star Wars there is no beating around the bush; when Han Solo is encased in carbonite, he is literally encased in carbonite. This is the most memorable story I have ever witnessed and it is the most celebrated movie of all time. Sure, I love this story, but you will never catch me at one of those conventions dressed like a wookie with a laser-crossbow.

Resident Evil - The greatest video game in the world. Nuff said.
As a kid my dad randomly took me out and bought me a playstation. I pretty much had a seizure. The next week I went back to my dad's to visit him and my new playstation, to find that he had bought me a video game that would forever change my life. Resident Evil. Due to my age, I could never get past the first part, instead I would be wandering around aimlessly trying to kill zombies while I hid under covers. So I had to watch this game and learn the story. So it was up to the greatest video gamer in the world, my brother. I watched my brother beat this game and as I screamed and cried I worshipped the video game. The story was so well developed, but it had the worst voice acting. I was in love with the game. In the present day I own every Resident Evil video game and alot of Resident Evil merchandise. Obsess much? A much too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment